Friday, October 15, 2010

Stumbo Family Story: Down Syndrome Awareness

Stumbo Family Story: Down Syndrome Awareness: Going to College: "This is where I try to honestly share about life; about being a wife and being a mom. Sometimes I dream out loud, and reflect on the lessons of life. You will notice that much of our blog is devoted to Down syndrome, Adoption, and Special Needs. Our youngest daughter was diagnosed with Trisomy 21 at birth. I know how hard it is to deal with a new diagnosis; there is fear in the unknown, questioning, and too many tears. There seems to be little hope.

"However, as I have come out of the 'swamp' I have discovered a beautiful road to travel. Having a child with Down syndrome is not what I thought it would be. Her life is so rich, definitely worth celebrating.. Her life has great value and meaning. Her life is beautiful! We have embarked in the most life altering journey of our lives. We would not trade it for anything in the world! She lead us in the path of adoption, and we now have a beautiful daughter with Cerebral Palsy that wants to someday dance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment