Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The beauty of 'nice'

Andrea Simantov: The beauty of 'nice': I recently co-planned a two-day charity event for my organization, and I'll admit on these pages (only to you) that I'm still not my perky self after many months of preparation. Literally day and night my cohort and I attempted to work out every detail and foresee potential 'glitches' before they occurred. There was an inordinate amount of list-making and record keeping in addition to hundreds of back-and-forth correspondences. But our end-goal was clear and, despite the stress, the joy in what we do and for whom we do it seemed downright corny. Several times a day the two of us would race throughout the building in order to 'high-five,' hug and wave to the special-needs children we promote in an effort to keep both the mission and goal of this particular project fresh in our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment