Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'He's different now . . . but he's still the man I married'

To Ivonne Thompson, the best part about having a new house is she doesn't have to get dressed to go see her husband, Naval Petty Officer second class Anthony Thompson. "We're under the same roof all the time now," said Ivonne, 33. "I can go check on him in my pj's. I don't have to wake up A.J. to go to the hospital."

Anthony was stationed with a Marine unit near Fallujah, Iraq, when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive under an overpass. He suffered a traumatic brain injury, an incomplete spinal cord injury and a punctured right lung. He was awarded a Purple Heart for an injury sustained during battle. "He's different now, and he may have changed, but he's still the man I married," Ivonne said. "I love him." Houston Chronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment