Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brain Injury Gives Man A Second Chance To Be Kind

Brain Injury Gives Man A Second Chance To Be Kind | KQED Public Media for Northern CA: "You didn't walk, you didn't talk, and you couldn't feed yourself for seven months," Wendy Tucker says to her husband during a visit to StoryCorps in San Francisco. "Since then, it's just been getting better all the time."

But Ferreira, a former lawyer, remembers nothing from the time of the accident and doesn't feel like he's getting better. "My mind, I feel, is so damaged; it's kind of made my life very hard to live, really. I tried to commit suicide, because I thought that I'd lost so much of my life, why be alive? Why? So I took a drug overdose, but you took me to the hospital."

When she asks if he's sorry she saved his life, however, he says no. "You did the right thing. You saved my life, and you're still saving it. Every day you save it."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment